So what is Matcha? Matcha (from the Japanese “ma” meaning powder and “cha” meaning tea) is actually a powdered version of green tea. Instead of steeping the leaves and drinking the liquid, you’re drinking the whole leaf.
There are so many reasons why you should try Matcha. It’s an easy and simple way to add powerful health benefits to your everyday diet.
Here are a few of the many benefits:
- Is packed with antioxidants including the powerful EGCg
- Boosts metabolism and burns calories
- Detoxifies effectively and naturally
- Calms the mind and relaxes the body
- Is rich in fiber, chlorophyll and vitamins
- Enhances mood and aids in concentration
- Provides vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium
- Prevents disease
- Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar
Read more about Matcha here.
After reading a few articles, I was convinced that I needed to give it a try. I found this Organic Matcha from ENZO
After talking with a good friend about Matcha, she sent me this amazing recipe from Secret Marmalade. Check out the full recipe and her blog here
. These Chocolate Matcha Energy Balls are DELICIOUS and super easy to make.
Chocolate Matcha Energy Balls
Yield: 14 balls, 1 serving each
½ cup dates, pitted
½ cup whole raw almonds
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 Tbsp. Matcha powder, plus more for rolling*
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. 100% maple syrup
1. Place dates, almonds, cocoa, Matcha in food processor. Pulse until well mixed.
2. Add extract and maple syrup. Pulse until well mixed.
3. Roll into 14 balls, each about the size of a tablespoon.
4. Roll balls in Matcha powder
5. Enjoy or store in refrigerator until ready to eat.
Pretty happy with my first attempt at this recipe. YUMM!!!
(oh and the plate is from CB2
…so many fun ones to choose from)
I’d love to know if you’ve tried Matcha. Anyone have any good recipes?