So far so good with the Whole30. How is everyone doing with Whole30 or their January reset? Since I started late I’m technically only 10 days in, but this time around is much easier than the first time. I’ve been doing much more experimenting this go around with different recipes and have been branching out with my weekly food prep.
Here is another recipe I experimented with this week. This is from the Whole30 Cookbook.
Roasted Pork with Butternut Squash, Kale and Tomatoes
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 1/2 pounds pork shoulder (boneless)
- 1 butter squash, diced (I buy the pre-cut package)
- 1 bunch of kale (a couple of handfuls, stems removed)
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced (you can use canned – read the labels)
- Mix all spices in a bowl, add lime juice and rub all over the pork.
- Place Pork in the crock pot with 1 to 1-1/2 cups of water. Cook on low for 6 hours or until pork is tender. (the original recipes has you put it in the oven, but I didn’t have a pan big enough so I did the crock pot)
- Add the diced butternut squash and cook for 30-45 minutes.
- Add the kale and tomatoes for another 30-45 minutes until kale is tender.
Let me know what you think! ENJOY!!