Now that you all are bored with reading about my exciting Ironman training life, I figured I’d go back to food chat for a bit just to mix things up.
My ingredient of the week is… EGGS.
I love breakfast food all day long and eggs are my absolute favorite. I stumbled across an egg recipe in my Performance Paleo Cookbook and have been making it on a regular basis, so I figured it would be selfish of me not to share with all of you.
- The yolk is the source for 100% of the Iron, Choline, Vitamin D, Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, Vitamin E, Vitamin B12, and Zinc found in the egg.
- Eggs cost approximately 17 cents per serving
- The color of an egg yolk is determined by a hen’s diet
- There are 7 to 17 thousand tiny pores on the shell surface
- The average American eats 250 eggs per year
Ever wonder what the different labels mean?