You read that right….1 month until Ironman Lake Placid. I honestly can’t believe it’s almost here . I feel like these past few months have flown by.
Here are just a few thoughts as I head into these next few weeks.
- Getting in my longest ride of training (and ever) which is 60 miles.
- Nutrition is one of the biggest components of a successful race (not just an Ironman, but any race). This is one thing I’ll be focusing on and having my race day plan in place.
- RECOVERY (this is a big one). I’ve got to spend time working on mobility, foam rolling, getting massages and just taking care of my body.
- Along with recovery comes SLEEP. This is so important for improving performance, reducing risk of injury and helping to make sure my muscles have plenty of time to rest/recover.
- Trusting the process and letting these months of training come together so that I can execute on race day.
- Overall, I feel really good going into these next few weeks. My runs have been solid, I’m feeling faster and have more confidence on the bike, and swims are strong.
- CONFIDENCE, CONFIDENCE, CONFIDENCE AND BELIEVE IN MYSELF!
I’m sure I’ll have more thoughts over these next few weeks and will be chatting a bit more about how I’m preparing but now is the time to get focused mentally and physically.
I am beyond excited to make history as one of the first ever Ironman 70.3 Lake Placid racers. See you in September!!